Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 1996 08:44:48 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        kline@tera.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading to 2.1 via modem....

    Gary> 	What changes to I make to my /sys/* files to allow me
    Gary> to upgrade via ftp'ing (or can I do an automagic ncftp??) to
    Gary> FreeBSD.org?

You don't need to make any changes to files in /sys.  Just blow away
/sys.  Download boot.flp.  Then,

	dd if=boot.flp of=/dev/fd0.1440 bs=18b

Then boot with that floppy.  That's it.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

I can still recall old Mister Barnslow getting out every morning and nailing a
fresh load of tadpoles to the old board of his.  Then he'd spin it round and
round, like a wheel of fortune, and no matter where it stopped he'd yell out,
"Tadpoles!  Tadpoles is a winner!"  We all thought he was crazy.  But then, we
had some growing up to do.  -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey