Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 18:20:33 -0500
From:      "Benjamin A. Rosenberg" <dragula@anet-stl.com>
To:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ftp install failure.

To whoever can answer this for me,

	I downloaded the kern.flp and the msfroot.flp files and I dd them to a
disk from my SuSE workstation so that I can ftp install 3.2 because my
disks have not arrived yet. I boot off the kern disk all is well, I then
go to the msfroot disk and all is well until I get to the point that the
SCSI bus is going to settle and then it goes into the hardware detection
and kernel panics. I have no clue if I did something wrong because this
is the first time I have tried this.
	My machine specs are as follows...

Dual PII 350 on a Tyan Thunder 100 MB bios rev. 1.16b
256 megs of PC100 Ram
Adaptec AIC-7895P On board SCSI controller
2 Western Digital 9.1 gig drives
Matrox Millinium II 4 meg PCI Video card
3COM 3C905B-TX 10/100 ethernet card
40X IDE cdrom

	If I am just screwed something up let me know, or I have to wait for
the cd's. All my stuff is on the HCL list and I am just at a loss. I am
more familiar with Solaris and Linux then freeBSD.

Thank you in Advance,
--
Benjamin A. Rosenberg
mailto:dragula@anet-stl.com