Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 1996 22:04:15 -0500
From:      Andrew Herdman <andrew@whine.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting removable media

I am having problems mounting my worm drive (it has a controller that
makes it to appear to be a removable media hard disk).  If the media is
not in it when I boot, i cannot mount the disk as I get this error:

# mount /dev/sd2a /mnt
/dev/sd2a on /mnt: Incorrect super block.

the boot up gives this for the device:

(bt0:4:0): "Ten X OCU-300S 3.03" type 0 removable SCSI 2
sd2(bt0:4:0): Direct-Access
sd2(bt0:4:0): NOT READY asc:4,0
sd2(bt0:4:0):  Logical unit not ready, cause not reportable
sd2 could not mode sense (4). Using ficticious geometry

sd2(bt0:4:0): NOT READY asc:4,0
sd2(bt0:4:0):  Logical unit not ready, cause not reportable
sd2: could not get size
0MB (0 512 byte sectors)

I'm not sure how to get it to mount other than to have the media in the
drive which is inconvenient at times.  I am running 2.1 CD release.

Andrew