Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:56:08 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        Andre Elferink <andrebsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote Desktop

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:44:25 -0800 (PST)
Andre Elferink <andrebsd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am wondering if or rather how would I go about
> connecting to my home system (FreeBSD 4.5) from a Mac
> or PC (probibly running windows) over the internet...
> so basicly that i can bring up my home systems desktop
> like im sitting infront of it from a remote mac or
> pc.. or in simplest terms just do what "go2mypc" does.

 I would also suggest VNC...

 It's in the ports so you can easily compile it there.

 The VNC site also has downloads for Windoze.

 This address from Defcon1 should have everything you need to get going:

http://www.defcon1.org/About_Us/News/Upcoming_Articles/CVS-Server/VNC-Server/vnc-server.html

 Be careful of the word wrapping..

 You could always just go to www.defcon1.org and then just click the link
for VNC at the bottom right.

 Enjoy!

-Gerry
Web Hosting // Primary & Secondary DNS Services
at http://www.interpool.ca