Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:58:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache13-mod_ssl with mod_php4 and mysql

Hi,

I am not quite sure how to get apache13-mod_ssl with
mod_php4 and mysql all working together if installed
from the ports. If I was working from the source balls
then I would pass what I want as command line options
such as "with_php" or "with_mysql"(not exactly those
"words", but you know what I mean). My question is how
do I do this with the ports? For example, I looked at
the makefile in mod_php4 and it assumes that apache13
is being used, and so it seems as if having
apache13-mod_ssl installed instead would just cause an
error(I am not saying this is what will happen, I am
just saying that I am a bit confused here). And how do
I get mod_php4 to talk to mysql? Seems as if you need
to pass to it the fact that you want it to talk to
mysql, such as by passing to it on the command line
when compiling, something like "with_mysql". But by
simply going into the mod_php4 port directory and
typing "make insall", I don't see how this gets that
info to it.

In summary I would like to know how using the ports I
could get the three ports indicated above to all work
together. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Someone told me that actually I could work
straight from the source balls and pass it all of the
above methioned "with_php" and with_mysql", and that
no "porting" of the code is required for the above
three softwares to work. Is this true?

Wayne