Date:      Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:07:43 +0100
From:      "Idar Tollefsen" <Idar.Tollefsen@baerum.kommune.no>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Using GCC 3 for ports?

Hello,

I've heard that GCC 3 fixes some, or most, of the optimization
problems on the Alpha. I was therefore wondering if there was
an easy way to use GCC 3 to build ports?

I suppose make.conf could be used here, but expect for
the compiler itself, what other variables should be set
(include paths, paths to libraries, e.g.)?

If someone has already done this, could they send me
the recipe?

- IT