Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 01:42:51 -0700
From:      ejka@tordata.se (EJKA Konsult AB)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   login via modem

Can anyone tell me how to enable remote logins to my FreeBSD  system via
a modem.  I have a modem (28800) on the first connection (P1) on a Bocca 16 box, /dev/ttyd1. I have tryed for several ours to
get the bastard to connect. In the other end i use the same cind of modem and a procom plus in windows with VT100 terminal.
I have turned ttyd1 on and use "getty std.57600" but all I get is rubbish when the modem auto-answers.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?  Do I need a fancy stty command?

jerker