Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:44:12 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        "spork" <spork@super-g.com>, "Sumbry][" <sumbry@affinity.net>
Cc:        <lambert@cswnet.com>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Cucipop port/source

Charles,

Not to throw a wrench in your wheels, but have you considered changing
around your whole back-end system?

It's too late for me (we just switched to Imail *YUCK*), but if I had
everything to do over again, I think that Cyrus would be the obvious choice.
It's got support for both POP3, IMAP, and quotas.  It's got all the popper
features that you're used to (maybe not bulletins, I've never used those),
and with the IMAP support, webmail would be a breeze (much better than doing
it through POP3).

About the only disadvantage I've seen with Cyrus, is that it's designed to
work on a closed system.  You would need to treat your mail server as a
remote server, even if you're running a client on the local machine.

Anyways, I thought I'd comment,

-Troy

PS: When I did switch from Qpopper to Cucipop some years ago, there were a
few problems initially, but they went away quickly.  When implementing
webmail, I switched (rather stupidly) to the UW Imapd and popper.