Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 23:18:33 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "James Housley" <jim@thehousleys.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Adding IPv6 to all apache ports

From: "James Housley" <jim@thehousleys.net>
> Sorry for sending this to the whole ports list, but I can't seem to find
> the address of the person working on the all-in-one apache port.  The

I'm working on the all-in-one apache port.

> apache 1.3.12 patch from kame.net applies cleanly to apache-1.3.12.  I
> have tested it on 4-STABLE with apache13+ipv6 (that needed some patches
> removed that were duplicates) and apache13-php3.
>

> The additions seem to be simple, the attached are from apache13-php3.
> But should be able to added to all the ports.  This section can go
> anywhere near the to, but hast to before pre-fetch:, and if the OS
> support IPv6 will add a second patchfile and set the configure script
>
> +.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
> +
> +.if ${OSVERSION} >= 400014
> +PATCH_SITES=   ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/
> +PATCHFILES=    apache-1.3.12-v6-20000518.diff.gz
> +PATCH_DIST_STRIP=      -p1
> +
> +CONFIGURE_SCRIPT=      configure.v6
You don't need CONFIGURE_SCRIPT if the following is used instead:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --enable-rule=INET6
> +.endif
> +
>

> I have apache13-php3+mysql+mod_auth_mysql running at
> http://www.ipv6.fbc-hanover.org (IPv6 only)

Only one problem, the IPv6 Patch will not apply cleanly to a Apache server
that has the EAPI extensions installed (mod_ssl).  Instead you have to use:

ftp://www.westbend.net/pub/kame/misc/apache+eapi-1.3.12-v6-20000518.diff.gz

Scot