Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:15:40 -0400
From:      Rob Faulds <rfaulds@avici.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        faulds@110.net
Subject:   link error (ld.so failed) in (my compiled) telnet?

Hello,

I'm an abject newbie at FreeBSD (started 2 days ago) -- I'm trying
to build the telnet client code with debug.

Which mailing list would be best to answer this question?

I get this error in my compiled version (I copied usr.bin/telnet/* to my
own directory
and ran make from there).

$ ./telnet 10.120.2.8
ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "_krb_err_txt" in
telnet:/usr/lib/libtelnet.so.3.0

[rfaulds@gated1-pc ~/telnet2]$ uname -a
FreeBSD gated1-pc.av.com 2.2.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE #1: Thu
Apr  8 13:54:48 EDT 1999
root@gated1-pc.av.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/MCROUTER  i386

Thanks,
-Rob