Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 01:46:34 +0900
From:      Sangwoo Shim <ssw@neo.redjade.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   How about import mpd into base system?

Hello.

I'm using mpd to have ADSL connection (pppoe) on my machine,
(I think most of FreeBSD users do that with mpd, no?) and tracking -CURRENT.

But when netgraph ABI changes sometimes, I often forget to recompile mpd and
become embarrassed after finding that I cannot connect to the line. If your
cron daemon happened to have cvsup'd ports tree in the meanwhile, you should
even set up ADSL line by using pppd to fetch newer version of mpd. :-)

Mpd is likely to be used by FreeBSD (and might DFBSD) exclusively. So, how
about import mpd into the base tree? Is there any stopper to prevent mpd from
being included into the tree?

Thanks for your attention.
Sangwoo Shim