Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 12:37:25 +0800
From:      John Summerfield <summer@os2.ami.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Doom & Heretic ports

> Hello.
>
> I have ported Doom and Heretic to FreeBSD + SVGA library. They are
> looks as nice as in DOS, but runs faster and have 16bit sound support.
> Please, tell me how my port could be taken to ports tree.

The pedant steps in. I think that, if you check the manufacturer of
your sound card, you will find it's '16 voices,' not '16 bits.'

Here's an excerpt from the Creative website about my sound card:
For professional music playback, the Creative synthesis engine provides
128-voices of wave-table sound. User selectable sample banks let you
choose the
quality level you want. Now every instrument sounds just like its real
life
counterpart, not a poor facsimile.

Note the reference to 128 voices.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.