Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:50:22 GMT
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/102897: linux_base-fc-4 - remove() function does not delete empty directories?Gcc=INBOX.Sent

The following reply was made to PR ports/102897; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To: "Boris B. Samorodov" <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/102897: linux_base-fc-4 - remove() function does not
	delete empty directories?Gcc=INBOX.Sent
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:41:14 +0200

 Quoting "Boris B. Samorodov" <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Tue, 5 Sep 2006 =20
 10:00:44 GMT):

 >  Is your emptydir located under /compat/linux? If not can it be removed
 >  using full path? Can you send me ktrace.out for "ktrace ./a.out" by
 >  email?

 One of the best ways of handling this would be to test it on a real =20
 FC4 system. If the problem occours there too, the problem is not =20
 FreeBSD related and should be discussed with Fedora.

 Since remove() is a libc function and not a syscall, we can't really =20
 do anything in FreeBSD about it when it is a FC4 problem (except to =20
 update the FC4 port with a more recent version of FC4 RPMs).

 If a real FC4 system doesn't exhibit this behavior, we need to have a =20
 look at the errno and path handling of the linuxolator.

 Bye,
 Alexander.

 --=20
 Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
 =09=09-- Mark Twain

 http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
 http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137