Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:34:18 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   broken tmux

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi

When I tried asking this before, it was evidently during a period that
the mailing list was down, so I'll try again:

After updating software on a FreeBSD 6.1 system, tmux appears to be
broken.  I still have a persistent tmux session running on the system,
but I cannot access it with `tmux att`.  I also cannot start new tmux
sessions.

As a non-root user:

    > tmux att
    can't create socket: Not a directory
    > tmux
    can't create socket: Not a directory

As root:

    # tmux
    fatal: dispatch_imsg: imsg_read failed

Searching the Internet hasn't worked; maybe my mad leet ninja search
engine skills are just not strong enough.  If that's the case, some help
finding the right thread to follow would be appreciated.

I haven't been able to track down anything relevant on local system logs,
either.  Please point me in the right direction to get this problem
solved.

Thanks.

--=20

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi