Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 01:24:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        dit@csqbbs.kmitl.ac.th (Mr.Sadit Sathianpaisarn)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to set TFTP?

Mr.Sadit Sathianpaisarn wrote,
> Dear Sir,
> 	Now, I try to set TFTP on FreeBSD 3.2 but it's not work all.
> 	I can get file form my host but I can't put file to my host.
> 	It's display error.
> 		tftp> put reading1
> 		Error code 1 : File not found
> 	before tftp command I stay in directory that has reading1 file.
> 	please help me..

man tftpd(8)

    "The use of tftp(1) does not require an account or password on the remote
     system.  Due to the lack of authentication information, tftpd will allow
     only publicly readable files to be accessed.  Files containing the string
     ``/../'' or starting with ``../'' are not allowed.  Files may be written
     only if they already exist and are publicly writable."

Is this the case?