Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:22:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brad Tucker <zvi@zvi.t-networking.com>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 ethernet cards (fwd)

OK.  the cisco router is 206.117.19.1. It takes a class c and subnets it
into 2 subnets. this leaves me with 0-127 and 128-255.  I get half the
class c. my half is 0-127.  now strait from the router I plug into the
freebsdbox, into ed0 wich is 206.117.19.2. The idea i had was to put two
ether net cards itno the freebsd box and make it a router.  So i added the
appropriate ifconfig entries, and added another ethernet card ed1. Out of
ed1 goes to a hub, and out from the hub go all the macintoshes. zvis
ethernet card is ed0.  What does NATd do and why would I need that.  I
tried routed, and that doesnt seem to work.  Is what im trying even
possable.

The reason im doing this is to isolate the apple talk network running with
netaalk.