Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 07:24:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/22954: cron isn't daylight savings-aware

On 23 Nov, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 20:11:25 -0800 (PST), opentrax@email.com said:
>
>> Are you insisting that our company run by your policy?
>
> If you want assistance from the volunteers of the FreeBSD Project, you
> will have to use the mechanisms by which that assistance is provided.
> Your company's policy, whatever it may be, is totally irrelevant --
> you can save that bumf for people who work for you.

I'm confused now. So please help me out. You are saying that
I should use the assitance as provide by the volunteers, when
I need it. If this is correct, than I have made the correction
that "at this time it does not appear" that we need this mechanism.

If I've not made myself clear I apploligize for that.
My intent is not to change this part of the system.
Nor is my intent to mislead people into believing that
the policies of our company and the systems in place at
FreeBSD are mutual exclusive.

> In any event, since it's pretty clear that you Just Don't Get It, I
> see no need to continue this conversation further.  Future mail from
> you will be routed to /dev/null.

Your certainly welcome to take whatever measures you feel appropriate.

I'm only stating that, the assitance as provided does not suite
our company, so I must decline it (with thanks). And note that in
the future other mechnisim would need to be in place to
satisfiy our company. That said, my only alternatives are to
either provide this new service ourselves (which we are not prepared
to do) or encourage others to do so(which we are not prepared
to do either).

In the end this means we must make a comprimise on our systems
because of current systems in-place at the FreeBSD project.
I see no other issues. If there are, please feel free to
write me personally. I'd be happy to discuss them with you.

				best regards,
				Jessem.