Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 04:51:37 -0500
From:      dmk <gh@over-yonder.net>
To:        friedman <friedman@kornet.net>
Cc:        trevor@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: acroread-5.05

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 06:47:51PM +0900 I heard the voice of
friedman, and lo! it spake thus:
[...]
> but I have a question.. I got an error message after installing
> acroread4 or 5..
> after "make install" process, I got an message.
> "/compat/linux/usr/bin/strip ......  not found" Error1

Based on a recent thread on this mailing list, this is a non-fatal error
and should not affect the functioning of acroread.

> but After Registering acroread5 installging
> Everytime I run the program I get an message from my machine.
> #acroread
> ELF binary type "3" not known.
> Abort
> #

Look for 'linux.ko' in the output of the 'kldstat' command.

To load the Linux image activator module,

# kldload /modules/linux.ko

> I wanna know anything about the replied messages. I will be very
> appereciated with you for anything else.
>
> Thank you for reading.

cheers,
dan