Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:19:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at (Hr.Ladavac)
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD current users)
Subject:   Re: Call for national time locales

Hr.Ladavac writes:
> E-mail message from Greg Lehey contained:
>>> uname -a
>>> SINIX-Y rm6263 5.43 A1002 RM600 4/512 R4000
>>> date
>>> Mo  2.Dez.1996, 13:23:19 MET
>>
>> Yes, I suppose that's about what I would have expected.  No spaces
>> after the dots, incorrect time zone name, two spaces after "Mo".  Of
>> course, since it doesn't adhere to the "standard" format, it might be
>> that the second space is a leading space to the " 2".  How does the
>> man page define the standard format?
>
>   Beispiel 1: Datum und Uhrzeit ausgeben lassen (Format 1)
>
>   Wenn Sie am 15. Juli 1991 um 17 Uhr MDT date ohne Argument aufrufen,
>   erhalten Sie, falls die Systemuhr die richtige Zeit angibt, die
>   Ausgabe
>
> 	 Mon Jul 15 17:00:00 MDT 1991
>
> Looks pretty much like a translated Solaris (pardon: SysVR4) manpage.

Now that's the SNI I know and love :-)  The important thing is that is
has nothing to do with the printout.  And yes, it's from the SVR4
base, not Slowaris.  (FYI, I spent 3.5 gruelling months working for
SNI at the beginning of this year.  I don't think I've ever been so
happy to have a contract finish).

Greg