Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2013 10:12:32 -0800
From:      "R. Tyler Croy" <tyler@monkeypox.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Do pfil(9) hooks receive TCP retransmissions?

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

I'm looking at the pfil(9) interface to accomplish some packet inspection
tasks, but the man page leaves some ambiguity in this case.

If the hooks are not invoked multiple times for retransmissions then I can
imagine it being relatively "simple" to implement a basic firewall with these
hooks without implementing loads of state tracking for packets.

I would appreciate any guidance the list can offer on using pfil(9) :)

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy
    Code: https://github.com/rtyler
 Chatter: https://twitter.com/agentdero