Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:36:48 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Philip <philip@your-mom.student.umd.edu>
To:        Marc Heckmann <mhec@merconic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "boot -a" in 4.5-STABLE

You might try just booting it normally and letting it fail.
Then enter th ufs:/dev/ad2s1a

I do this all time when I stick a hd in a fast machine to install FBSD
its gets ad4s what ever... but in the machine its ends up it needs to be
ad0s whatever.

after I mount every manually the first time, I just change my /etc/fstab
file to be what it should and everything is happy.