Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:41:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eporue.aCid.AiS" <eporue@best.com>
To:        support@freebsd.com
Subject:   big problem..

I hope you can help.. I think I may have toated my freebsd box. I was
working with some directions I got from some people at support@freebsd.org
to setup a readable dos dir from my dos partition. It seemed to be working,
anwyays.. I was tring to copy some files I had in my FTP dir to my dos dir
when I started to get invalid argument messages. I then went to the dos dir
and saw a bunch of garbage where I had tried to copy the files to. I made
the dir rw so I tried to remove the files and it said it couldn't remove
the files that were all character garbage. I then tried to reboot and I
couldn't, even has root.. I got 'operation not permitted'.. So then I did a
soft reboot and next thing I know.. my freebsd won't boot.. It gets as far
as letting me hit f5 to start to boot.. I get the preboot menu, I hit enter
then I get the line

dosdrive=81..etc.. you know the one.. and then it locks up.. nothing.. I am
stuck on this.. I have no idea if my freebsd is gone or what.. if i can
repair whatever it was I did to it.. I have messed around with a boot disk
tring to get back.. no luck.. does anyone got a suggestion? I really don't
want to loose the setup I had.. took awhile to get it to where I liked it
and everything was working..

-Gavin