Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 1998 20:03:31 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lynx w/ SSLeay working: crypto.h diff

Hi folks,

I have some feedback based on the comments of two list members:

Also, on Fri, 28 Aug 1998 15:28:33 -0700, Manfred Antar wrote:

> I got it to compile by removing --with-zlib from the ports Makefile
> and adding this to makefile.in
> SSL_LIBS= -L/usr/local/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lRSAglue -lrsaref

I've reported the conflict SSLeay has with FreeBSD's zlib.h to
CryptSoft. If they're willing to change things in SSLeay, then I'd
prefer to wait for their fixes before submitting lynx diffs to Andrey.

If not, we should probably work around the problem in the SSLeay port,
since this hasn't much to do with lynx, and there's no need to build
lynx without the compression library stuff -- or is there?

No matter. Either way, no further action from me until I hear from
CryptSoft. Thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction.
I'll keep in touch. ;)

Ciao,
Sheldon.