Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 11:48:44 +0800 (CST)
From:      grog@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        cslye@calweb.com (Cameron Slye)
Cc:        jhs@FreeBSD.ORG, cslye@calweb.com, fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: blkfree: freeing free block

Cameron Slye writes:
>> When all else fails: suspect hardware, including bad cache, ram, over clocking,
>> overloaded power, flaky discs, bad terminations, heat etc.
>
> I replaced the system with tested parts Friday night, last night it
> crashed..  Non-quatum drives and all..  Not a single chip or piece of
> hardware from the old system was used in the new box, I did a clean install
> of 2.2.2, and recompiled everything for inn...

There's something in the way you formulated this that makes me wonder.
You didn't say you took a completely new machine.  Is there *anything*
at all left of the old system (apart from the problem)?  Did you
change the power supply?  Did you change your mains supply?  No, of
course you didn't do that, but it's a possible culprit.

Greg