Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 97 21:46:08 CST
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        mikael@hugo.pp.se, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: News on FreeBSD

Hi Jordan,

> I don't suppose some of you ISP folks would consider taking a walk on
> the wild side with SGML and begin writing up a little "ISP's Guide to
> FreeBSD", much as Paul Vixie has done for BSDI?  The principle author
> could even be forgiven for putting in a little paragraph of
> advertising at the end ("This guide brought to you courtesy of
> Internotworks, providers of fine internet services to the greater
> Moosebreath, Wisconsin region and general all-around network gurus.")

As a Wisconsin resident, I take offense to that!!!!!

( :-) )

> Plug or no plug, it would also be a very very useful thing to have if
> you guys don't want to be stuck answering the same-old "{Can, How do}
> I use FreeBSD in implementing a {WEB server, NNTP server, dialin
> server, IP router, space heater}" from now until death by old age.

Yes.  I am planning to do the NNTP one.

For those who are not in-the-know, I have spent the past month or so
working on an even bigger, badder news box: newsfeeds.sol.net.  This
box is a supercharged news engine, and one of my goals in building it
is to document how to really build a news server from hell.

I just barely started the Web pages today (http://www.nntp.sol.net),
but won't actually start talking about hw/sw until I get some more
good stuff put together.

More soon.  I've just been so busy putting it together and arranging
for feeds...  :-)

... Joe