Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:21:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      randall ehren <randall@ucsb.edu>
To:        Murat Bicer <murat@bicer.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: incoming bandwidth limiting using ipfilter

> Is there anything that limits us from using ipfilter on top of this ipfw
> b/w control?

doesn't appear so...

from http://home.earthlink.net/~jaymzh666/ipf/IPFfreebsd.html#12:

IPF and IPFW both have features I want to use, must I choose between them?

No. You can run them both on a single machine. However, you must take care to
ensure that one package's rules do not interfere with the other's. Note that
the packages get access to rules in the order in which they were loaded, e.g.
if IPFW is compiled in the kernel and IPF is loaded as a module, IPFW "sees"
packets before IPF.

 -randall

--
        :// randall s. ehren         :// voice 805.893.5632
        :// systems administrator    :// isber|survey|avss.ucsb.edu