Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2007 00:10:40 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Moving ports around?

--=-FIg/VFhZzMY2cYwjqbe0

Ivan Voras p=ED=B9e v so 14. 07. 2007 v 22:36 +0200:

> Is there a canonical, re-usable way to move / rebase packages around the
> system, so that the package gets moved from one system directory tree to
> another?
>=20
> Example: If I have a machine with some installed packages, and another
> machine's root directory mounted in (e.g.) /mnt, I'd like to copy a
> locally installed package to /mnt, so the effect is as if the package is
> installed in an environment chrooted on /mnt. For now, I'm doing this
> the "long way around", by creating a package (.tgz) file, then
> installing it in a chroot environment on the /mnt tree. I'd like to skip
> the package file creation phase and directly move the files from one
> location to the other, with the same effect (e.g. pre/post-install
> scripts, etc.).

Hmm, recreating a package from the installed port and installing it
again in chroot() sounds pretty straightforward to me...

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Logitech is infamous for providing 30 MB compressed driver software
packages that install a bunch of crap applications on the system and
round up the number of icons in the tray to the nearest power of two.
  -- Michael Stromberg

--=-FIg/VFhZzMY2cYwjqbe0
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?UTF-8?Q?_=C4=8D=C3=A1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-FIg/VFhZzMY2cYwjqbe0--