Date:      Mon, 06 Oct 1997 08:34:00 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        jfarmer@sabre.goldsword.com, kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au, andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu, dg@root.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jfarmer@goldsword.com
Subject:   Re: CVSUP vs. SNAPS

Rod, give *me* a break.

Where were you several months ago with this Burning Urgent Crisis of
yours?  I've already said once during this little tempest-in-a-teapot
we've been having over newvers.sh that, had this been brought up at
some time other than the BETA period, I'd have been happy to do
something about it!  This is basically called "leaving it too late,"
Rod, a concept which I'll grant you're probably simply unfamiliar with
given your own sordid history of taking 12 months to do 6 month
jobs. :-P

You also grace us so infrequently in these mailing lists, occasionally
popping up only long enough to fire a couple of rounds at someone from
your little bell tower before disappearing again, that I'm afraid I
just can't summon up all that much enthusiasm for participating in
this latest attack of Rodness.  You missed the boat and you had
several months' warning on the sailing date - you've no one to blame
but yourself so let's just cut the crap and reconvene this issue
*after* 2.2.5 is out the door, at which point in time everyone here
who feels so bloody passionately about the value of this little string
can debate it for weeks on end if they so choose.  After the debate is
over and a concensus is reached, I'll be *more than happy* to commit
whatever change your little hearts desire.

Until then, however, I'll spend my remaining time between now and
2.2.5-RELEASE on more reasonable worries like basic functionality and
reading through our oh-so-exciting PR database, OK?

Grrr.  Bike shelters.  Bike shelters!

					Jordan