Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:08:11 -0500
From:      "Robert E. Gunn" <reg@hal-pc.org>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quotas for lots of users...

Addressed to: Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
              isp@FreeBSD.ORG

** Reply to note from Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk> Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:18:37 +0100

> Is there any 'quick' way of setting Quota's for a group of users? - I can't
> easily see a way of using the 'group' / proto-user setup for cloning the stuff
> I'm setting up at the moment...
>
> Is there someway of piping a file that looks like the 'edquota' output back into
> the command, e.g.
>
> "
> /usr2: blocks in use: 3, limits (soft = 5000, hard = 5000)
>         inodes in use: 3, limits (soft = 0, hard = 0)
> "
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Karl Pielorz

1) Setup up a dummy user with the default quota (stencil in this
   example).

2) To process a file with a list of users from a ksh command line:

       # for user in $(cat list)
       >   do
       >   edquota -u -p stencil $user
       > done

The syntax will vary slightly depending on what shell you're using,
but the idea is to iteratively process each $user with your default
quota.

--
Robert Gunn  <<Team OS/2>>|Post Office Box 27474   |Voice:+1 713 960 1588
reg@hal-pc.org <<FreeBSD>>|Houston,Texas 77227-7474|Fax:  +1 713 960 9497

HAL-PC: The world's largest computer club and a lot more!

Fatal Error: User Executed.