Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:13:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tandberg TDC 3600 on CAM, 3.0-R

In article <Pine.LNX.4.04.9812101044560.2006-100000@feral-gw> you wrote:

>> I think that's a good idea, and in fact we've been planning on doing it for
>> a while.  The idea is to add a SCSI revision field to the quirk entry
>> format, and then just not send serial number requests to anything < 2.
>
> You don't need a quirk entry. You know what revisions the device is when
> you do the initial inquiry.

As long as there are no SCSI 1 devices that support that feature,
sure, but I don't really know if this is the case for every SCSI
I (or SCSI III) quirk or feature.  The idea was to have a generic
SCSI I devive quirk entry that disabled all likely "unimplemented
in SCSI I" features, allowing you to add overriding entries for
more advanced SCSI I devices.

--
Justin