Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:26:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@garage.freebsd.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jailed sysvipc implementation.

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> Some time ago I've implemented private memory zones for IPC mechism.
> Every jail and main host got its own memory for IPC operations.
> It was implemented for FreeBSD 4.x. Avaliable at:
>
> 	http://garage.freebsd.pl/privipc.tbz
> 	http://garage.freebsd.pl/privipc.README
>
> I want to port this to FreeBSD 5.x, but with many improvements.  Because
> of that there are few things to talk about and I'm curious if anyone
> will be interested in answering my questions and at the end commiting
> this to -CURRENT.
>
> Patch will not be a "fast hack" so the best way will be commiting this
> in parts. I got already working sysvipv_msg mechanism.
>
> So if anyone is interested in, please inform me and I'll ask my
> questions and I'll send also what I got now.

We have some initial patches that wrap the user ipcperm structure in a
kernel-specific structure, which we use to add a MAC label.  It would be
easy to also add a prison pointer.  We probably won't get to merging this
patch for a couple of weeks, but it's worth keeping in mind.

  http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/mac_sysvipc.diff

This needs style cleanup, bug fixing, testing, etc, but it's the direction
we're pushing in for MAC right now.

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories