Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:26:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: TCP Performance Graphs

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> Since the topic has come up again, I'll provide some graphs, and
> around.
>
> http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/fbsdtcp.png

I don't think anyone's doubting the importance of larger windows; it's
just that we can't do much increasing until they're dynamic.

That being said, Matt did post a patch which implements socket buffer
autoscaling a few months back.  I've been meaning to review it, but
haven't had the time.  If you can give it some good testing and prove that
it provides better performance in most cases (and hopefully no
regressions), I suspect that might provide the momentum to get it
looked at by more people and committed.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack