Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:40:19 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        ANTOINE Pierre <nunux@free.fr>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Digital StorageWorks 300AA & HSZ40C

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 09:27:51PM +0200, ANTOINE Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Alpha 2100A perfectly boot with FreeBSD 4.6,
> my problem (previous mail) was: "Put the VGA PCI card in first PCI block"!
>
> I've surf a while before founding how to configure RAID on the mylex
> controller, but it's finaly done.
>
> Now, I'm seeking informations about a Digital StorageWorks 300AA
> hooked to a PCI card: KZPSA SCSI Controller.
>
> Is this StorageWorks Arrays supported on FreeBSD ? Has anyone an StorageWorks

A HSZ40 works fine on FreeBSD. But the KZPSA you can forget, it is not
supported as there is no driver for it. A differential SCSI version of
a Qlogic adapter will work fine with FreeBSD & the HSZ40. DEC calls
these the KZPBA-CB

>         Not configured for dual-redundancy
>         SCSI address 7
>         Time: NOT SET
> Host port:
>         SCSI target(s) (0), Preferred target(s) (0)
>         TRANSFER_RATE_REQUESTED = 10MHZ
> Cache:
>         32 megabyte write cache, version 2
>         Cache is INVALID.  Cache containing unflushed data
>          has been removed from this controller
>         Battery is FAILED

Dead battery. Not uncommon.

>         Unknown unflushed data in cache
>         CACHE_FLUSH_TIMER = DEFAULT (10 seconds)
>         CACHE_POLICY = A
>         NOCACHE_UPS
>         Host Functionality Mode = A
> This controller has an invalid cache module
> Invalid cache -- CLI command set reduced.  Type SHOW THIS_CONTROLLER. Please-
> see user guide to determine corrective action

Run something like:

CLEAR_INVALID CACHE THIS (iirc that is).

SET CACHE_UPS will disable the battery check, but you better have a
UPS connected in this case.