Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:38:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        leimy2k@mac.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Just" building the lib part of world

In message: <801E9942-5D33-11D7-AFCD-0003937E39E0@mac.com>
            David Leimbach <leimy2k@mac.com> writes:
: Or even better would be just building libc.  I have been working on my
: getpwnam_r assignment...
: examining implementations in both Darwin and NetBSD and started trying
: to implement some of
: this code for FreeBSD... Its not anywhere even near the goal in sight
: as I am still learning the
: build system.
:
: Do I always have to build world or can I get away with just making some
: subdirectories?  If so
: what is the best way to do this?
:
: Rebuilding gcc each time I just want to test out my code is a real drag
: :)

First off, make -DNOCLEAN for incremental things isn't so bad.

Second, after a buildworld/installworld, cd src/lib/libc && make
depend && make will do the trick.  I've used this several times.

Warner