Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 15:36:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Reid <steve@edmweb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java - How to? (this must be a FAQ)

I figure I need the Java Development Kit for FreBSD. Where can I get it?

I would like to start programming in Java, because of it's cross-platform
support. I know C, but have never used Java.

I'm using FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE on a 486SX-25 with 8 megs of RAM. I have
Netscape 2.01 working, if that matters. I don't have Motif.

IMHO there should be a FAQ entry for this.

| Steve Reid - SysAdmin & Pres, EDM Web (http://www.edmweb.com/)    |
| Email: steve@edmweb.com   Home Page: http://www.edmweb.com/steve/ |
| PGP Fingerprint: 11 C8 9D 1C D6 72 87 E6  8C 09 EC 52 44 3F 88 30 |
|              -- Disclaimer: JMHO, YMMV, IANAL. --                 |