Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:23:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo@righi.ml.org>
To:        Site Palace <admin@sitepalace.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIC Card

try to ping to your server and try to traceroute to it.
if u cannot ping or traceroute to it correctly DUP packets or so
then there is a problem or in yor ethernet interface of your server or
in the connection to the router of your server.
if instead pings and tracerotue works but the ping are high in rtt time
or if u expect the performance of your card is not good hen you mighty
check on hte FreeBSD compatibility list.
Fro example it is known that NIC card like 3COM 50x series has a bug.
I had this card on FreeBS and it worked slow and also it hanged very often
and my system did not replyed to pings anymore.
Ensure you have a very supported network device by FreeBSD.
bye

Rick