Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 15:43:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Phillip Salzman <psalzman@gamefish.pcola.gulf.net>
To:        Casper <casper@acc.am>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BESS internet filtering

	That would be a good idea, except we lack the resources to
	constantly update the database whenever someone finds a new
	pornography site, which i'm guessing 18% of the internet
	sites are, if not more.

	I was mostly interested if someone knows about the legal status
	of doing something like this.  Will we lose our carrier status
	as an ISP, and become provider of internet content?  Have you
	ever heard of someone being sued due to finding pornography
	when it was supposed to be filtered (even though we will say
	"This does not entirely remove..."), etc.

	Thanks for the reply.

	Phillip Salzman