Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:21:32 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        re@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org, Ariff Abdullah <ariff@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: today's 6.1 would not boot here

ΠΟΞΕΔ¦ΜΟΛ 27 ΜΐΤΙΚ 2006 13:09, Scott Long χΙ ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜΙ:
> I've lost track here, sorry. šWhat are the problems with audio?

6.1-PRERELEASE (as of yesterday) hangs solid on boot on the same system, where
6.0 (as of end of November) booted fine.

Disabling the AC97 audio in the PC's BIOS allows booting to succeed...

Ariff is aware of problems with the ich driver, but I'm not sure, whether he
is planning to fix them before 6.1. IMHO, that is a must from -- at least --
the advocacy point of view...

Yours,

	-mi