Date:      Sun, 03 Jun 2001 13:45:46 -0400
From:      Walter Betancourt <walt@betan.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel nic

Kualraj,

Good thought, I had not checked the kernel just assumed it was in the
generic kernel

did check and both fxp and mii are in the generic kernel (v 4.0)

I put the original card back (linlsys lne100tx) set the rc.conf back to
ifconfig_dc0=...

and network works ok,

re-install intel 100b (new card) and set the rc.conf to ifconfig_fxp0="....

and power off boot,   still no network response,

lights on for "link" and "100tx"

I'm still missing something,

thanks

At 10:27 AM 6/3/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Is it included in your kernel config file?
>Make sure you add mii bus if not already there - just in case!
>
>eg.
>
># PCI Ethernet NICs.
>device          fxp             # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557, 82558)
>
># PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
>device          miibus          # MII bus support
>
>Regards,
>
>Kulraj Gurm

Walt