Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 10:34:42 -0500
From:      "Kevin T. Likes" <klikes@isd.state.in.us>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NEC 282 ATAPI cd-rom problem

The thing that really bothers me is that there doesn't seem to be a
probe taking place at all.  A friend of mine is running an almost
identical configuration, except for using 2.1.0 instead of 2.1.5.  The
only difference in the config file seems to be an entry for
ATAPI_STATIC
I tried adding that, and got no complaints from config, but it didn't seem
to help.  I'm hoping there's a software solution rather than a hardware
one.

--ktl

In message <Pine.BSI.3.94.970206115034.829W-100000@localhost>, Doug White write
s: