Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2014 08:07:38 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Big Lebowski <spankthespam@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terrible performance of XenServer 6.2 and FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE guest

Is all this work being done over SSH? Do you have a pf firewall? Have =
you disabled TSO?

ifconfig xn0 -tso

or

sysctl net.inet.tcp.tso=3D0

My suspicion is that the slowness of the shell over the network is =
making the machine seem slower than it should be. There are terrible =
network issues with pf and tso on a XenServer environment. I'm not =
otherwise aware of severe I/O issues on XenServer. I have a fairly large =
cluster running almost all FreeBSD guests without any sort of issues =
related to I/O.