Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 17:42:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jason Garman <garman@phs.k12.ar.us>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        ejs@bfd.com, twoods@ccgate.sos.state.il.us, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Net connected printer

On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Sean Kelly wrote:

> Now THAT'S a nice feature.  At one site we mandated PostScript
> printers only because we could get status messages back from the
> engine.  And lprps could capture these messages and use syslog to
> ship'em out to the interested parties.
>
> It's nice to see net-capable printers getting smarter all the time.

This is just geting slightly off-topic, but... :-)

The coolest thing I've seen in net-capable printers is the GCC Elite line
of printers with built-in web servers, through which you can configure
every aspect of the printers operation...  Very nice...

Their homepage is at http://www.gcctech.com/, I think they have an example
printer you can fool around with :-)

Now back to the regular FreeBSD questions....

-- Jason