Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:08:00 +0100
From:      Rickard Borgmäster <doktorn@realworld.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   moused and X

Previously, I used FreeBSD 4.3 with X4. I also had moused enabled.
Now I have upgraded to FBSD 4.5 and to latest X from ports.

But if I have moused enabled in rc.conf, the pointer will just
flicker uncontrolled around the screen when going into X mode.

Also, if I enable gdm for a tty, X will not start as it cannot
find any pointer device.

I do not know what pointer device I had X using before, since
I accidently removed my old XF86Config file :-/ Now it points to
/dev/psm0

Where should it point, when using a regular PS/2 mouse?

--

Rickard