Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 21:50:36 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Penisoara Adrian <ady@warpnet.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serial Multiport solution ?

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Penisoara Adrian wrote:

>  I'm interested in buying a serial multiport card that will be used to
> serve a bunch of modems on some leased lines.
>  From what I read I learnt that the Cyclades cards are most popular in
> the (free) Unix world; my choice would be for the Cyclom Ye / 8Y cards as
> I'm looking for cost-effective solution first and expandability is on the
> second place (but this is important too)...

If you are looking for a really cost-effective solution, perhaps a VSCom
800 card would be better.  They emulate ARNET and BOCA cards, and I just
paid about US$110 for an 8 port version.  An 8 port cyclom will cost much
more than that.  (US$400???).

The VSCom card comes from Germany.  I'll dig out the e-mail address of
the company tomorrow.

regards,

Danny