Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:33:13 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sharing files within a cluster

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bproc

Also consider things like Open MOSIX in this space (http://www.openmosix.org/).

> > > - Scale to 100s of nodes.
> > start at 1024.
>
> It seems that's about where lustre.org's efforts are.  I'm going to try to
> get a better understanding of their architecture.

Actually, for anything new, you should aim at scaling to at least 10,000
nodes IMO.  The 1,000 node mark is already here, the future is only going
to bring higher node counts.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org