Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 19:51:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SUP of CVS files.. (how to?)

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Julian Elischer wrote:

> I must be silly, but after a look around www.freebsd.org
> I can't find out how to sup the cvs sources..

	dont feel bad.   i have a hell of a time dealing with this.
finally peter wemm gave me the magic words.

        1.  using cvs-supfile, sup base, include, share (perhaps sys)
                (setting up sup has several steps covered in the sup
                 documentation and handbook with a little cookbook
                 recipe like this one.)
        2.  sup whichever target(s) you want to work on (say bin and sbin)
        3.  cd /somewhere
	4.  set the CVSROOT enviroment variable to point at the cvs tree.
		the directory that contains: sup, src, and CVSROOT
        5.  cvs checkout -P <module of interest>

	get list of modules with 'cvs checkout -s | more'

jmb

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG