Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 14:51:08 +0200
From:      "Thomas Gravgaard" <fehaar@infopaq.dk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cluster allocation errors in messages

I have been getting a massive amount of the following errors in my =
messages over the last couple of weeks :

> m_clalloc failed, consider increase NMBCLUSTERS value
> fxp0: cluster allocation failed, packet dropped!

As far as I can see from the archives, the value of NMBCLUSTERS is =
controlled by the maxusers, and since this value is 0 shouldn't the =
NMBCLUSTERS value autoscale?

I am running 4	.5-RELEASE-p4 on the machine which is a Compaq Prosignia =
320. I have three identical machines with identical kernel configs that =
are having no problems. So I am quite baffled.

Can anybody give me some pointers?

| Thomas Gravgaard   | "The Scarlet Pimpernel is the most       (__)  |
| Software developer | overrated human being since Judas     \\\'',)  |
| Infopaq A/S        | Iscariot won the AD 31 best disciple    \/  \ ^|
| fehaar@infopaq.dk  | competition."              Black Adder  .\._/_)|