Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 11:32:17 -0500
From:      Scott Morris <smorris@tsi.gte.com>
To:        Perry Lucas <perry@avatarweb.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another problem...

Perry,
       I had the same problem and discovered (cleverly concealed in the
docs) the following line to add to the kernel.
options         PSM_NO_RESET

        Also as this still happens eratically (sp?) digging around in the
archives found reference to bouncing the numlock key during boot, works
everytime. Oh yea, disable the numlock on in BIOS.

At 10:27 AM 2/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>on the PS/2 mouse my GENERIC reads something like:
>>
>>device	psm0 at isa? port "IO_KBD" disable ...
>
>Well, I finally figured out how to enable it, by typing
>-c at the boot: prompt and enabling it.  However, after
>I enable it, my keyboard, which is also PS/2, ceases to
>respond.  How do I fix that?  If its not one thing, its
>another :P
>
>--Perry

---
Scott Morris			* I have an A1 certified steak in my freezer.
GTE Telecommunication Services	* It's sad when your meat is more secure
smorris@tsi.gte.com		* than your computer.
813-273-3917			*
*** My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer. ***