Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:31:48 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Not sure why print/lyx15 is marked BROKEN

Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 01:28:14PM -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
> >
> > The above mentioned port is marked BROKEN because it "does not build with
> > GCC 4.2"
>
> Are you sure you are looking at the right port?

Yes.

> print/lyx15 is marked
> BROKEN on all platforms and releases, not just for gcc 4.2.

My mistake.  However, it does not change anything else about my experience.

> > I commented out the BROKEN line, figuring I'd see if I could help fix it,
> > but much to my surprise it built without problems and runs just fine.
>
> See one of the error logs:
> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.6.2008012319/lyx-1.5.3.log

Mystery of all mysteries ...

$ uname -a
FreeBSD monster 7.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-PRERELEASE #2: Sun Dec 30 11:59:30 EST 2007     wmoran@monster:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
$ pkg_info | grep lyx
lyx-1.5.3           Document processor interfaced with LaTeX (nearly WYSIWYG)

So, what information is useful to solving this?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com