Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2013 06:32:23 +0200
From:      "Cedric GROSS" <cg@cgross.info>
To:        "'Adrian Chadd'" <adrian@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: [iwn] how do we tell the difference between the 6200/6205 and 6230/6235?

>De=A0: adrian.chadd@gmail.com [mailto:adrian.chadd@gmail.com] De la =
part de
Adrian Chadd
>Envoy=E9=A0: jeudi 12 septembre 2013 06:00
>=C0=A0: freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org; Cedric GROSS
>Objet=A0: [iwn] how do we tell the difference between the 6200/6205 and
6230/6235?

>Hiya,
>
>According to the intel website, the 6200/6205 do not have bluetooth, =
but
the 6230/6235 do.

>Now, I don't know yet whether they support external bluetooth coex but =
guess for now we can just not send the setup >commands.

>So, how do we distinguish between these NICs? There only seems to be a
small subset of hardware IDs in the driver..

We need to test subdevice ID, it's why I register all subdevice ID in
if_iwn_devid.h.

If you have a look in my last full diff, you will see that driver
configuration is based on that (iwn_config_specific in if_iwn.c).=20

>thanks,
>

>-adrian

Cedric